Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kitchen 2.0





I am pleased to say that life with Kitchen 2.0 is going alright. A week ago we packed up all our kitchen stuff, moved our dining room table into the computer room and thus, Kitchen 2.0 was created just in time for the walls and ceiling to be ripped out in our kitchen, dining room, and hallway.

Kitchen 2.0 is like a little camper. Little being the key word. We have a toaster and coffee machine on the table. A microwave is nearby and gets lots of use lately. The vinyl table cloth and plastic plates make me think I'm at one of the KOAs my family was known to frequent on camping trips when we'd go and see my Mom's side of the family in Cincinnati.

Boxes holding the bread machine, stand mixer, food processor, and a fondue set are in the basement. We won't be using those for a while, that's for sure. After everything is all done, we plan to have a party for our friends. Mike suggested we bring out the fondue set for it. That sounds like fun! Maybe our carpenters, Doug and Owen should have the first dip.

3 comments:

SJ said...

Reminds me of the summer I lived in a tent.....

The Buck Shoots Here said...

I think it's a good thing this is all happening in summer, when being outside extends the space of your home. How people remodel in winter is beyond me.

I heard a saw today as I was dropping cheering stuff with your neighbor-- a new window, perhaps?

Katie said...

A 44 " window in the kitchen.