Monday, November 8, 2010

Although it rained for most of the day, we had power and were better off than many communities who had strong wind gusts that downed trees and knocked out the power and cancelled a handful of schools in the state.

When I got to school for bus duty around seven o'clock this morning, it was still raining, so while lots of our students had breakfast, we led the rest of our students in a march around our school until it was time for school to start. Last year over three hundred students hung out in the gym, so four swings around our school provides a little exercise, and a nice alternative.

With daylight savings time behind us, my anticipation for winter grows. Our most recent weather event was just the level of inclement weather I desire this time of year. I even tracked it on weather.com starting on Saturday.

As my friends and family know, I love keeping an eye on the jet streams. I think in a past life, I was a meteorologist.


1 comment:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

I may start having to call you Weather Girl....