Saturday, June 12, 2010

Down to One Hand

As we approach the last week of school (three and a half student days left), I am feeling ready for summer.

My school year began as my best ever and I'm confident we'll finish strong.

This year I switched things up and incorporated a reader's workshop approach (From Solid Ground) that allowed me to ditch literacy centers once and for all and recommitment to relevancy.

Mid-way through the year, my students' stamina was strong (they were reading for fifteen stretches) so I implemented The Daily Five. My students then amazed me with their ability to make choices, as they worked on words, worked on writing, read to self, read to others, and listened to reading.

My students have made me proud and the reasons far exceed what can be counted on one hand!


No comments: