Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What Have I Been Doing?

It's been a while and although I am a bit wrapped up in my own chagrin, I'm not surprised. 

April to June tend to pick up speed at school. Everyday counts, but spring days tend to pack more of a punch. The weather is still cool and learning comes together in a puzzle where the pieces make pictures you can make out with clarity...I find it to be exciting stuff and try and maintain the pace as the days left in school dwindle. Although the assessments and instruction stare me in the eye, taunting me to fall behind...I'm pleased to say I've kept up with my students and their educational journey. 

I can't say the same for Katieland. So this is part one of a what I might have written about had I made the time.  (There's nothing like April vacation to regain your footing and carry on with other aspects of your life.)

1. I joined a qualified group of individuals and helped craft a new constitution and bylaws for the Western Foothills Education Association.  Although many of us were surprised by the governor's plan to regionalize Maine's school districts and some of us were equally bewildered by how our communities gave its overwhelming support in a recent referendum, we came together and volunteered our Tuesdays to facilitate a transition from three associations to one... What the WFEA has now is a ratified constitution and bylaws, nominees for office, and an upcoming election. How we will operate in the future remains to be seen, but I'm hopeful for a semblance of togetherness and trust. It'll take time, but I am optimistic.

1 comment:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

So glad to have you back! I have known what you've been doing, but I just feel so happy to read about it. Don't ask me why.