Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hey Educators!!


I am wondering, does anyone have information or experience with reverse discipline ladders? I know that reverse discipline ladders reward positive behavior with sequential incentives, but I'm looking for more details on how this is managed...Are incentives redeemed immediately or on a designated day? Can they be banked? Are behaviors targeted one at a time?

My first grade friends already earn little prizes on Fridays, so I'm thinking these incentives might be ones that are not purchased like:

*extra reading time with their fourth grade reading buddy
*partner writing time with fun markers or pens
*extra computer time
*picking a book for the teacher to read to the class
*reading a book to the whole class
*sitting by a friend of their choice for a day
*bringing and sharing a favorite board/card game with the class

Let me know if you have any insight to offer! I'd appreciate it.


No comments: