Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 2009! Wow!

Where does the time go, I am wondering? As another birthday comes up on the 7th I hesitate to say that I'll be 37. Yikes! 

Time moves swiftly along, doesn't it?! Gaining a year does little to  slow things down, but what can you do? With a new year comes interesting stuff. In the last two weeks, we've refinanced our mortgage, bought some new living room furniture and a washing machine, celebrated four birthdays and several Christmas' gatherings, enjoyed a visit from my sister and brother-in-law, and contemplated a car purchase. 

I've read a couple books, played several games of Yahtzee with Mike, gone for a walk with my friend Kristi, gone out for Thai and Mexican in Auburn, and almost forgot I'm a teacher.  (This sounds bad, but really, it's an indicator of good things.) 

Do you have any resolutions, a couple people have inquired? I think for me, I want to continue to maintain balance in my life. Every year, I get a little better at this and I plan to build on my gains. A little more exercise will help this resolution along, I'm sure. Work can be stressful; life can feel complicated, but when I lay my head down on my pillow for bed, I want peace and contentment to resonate in a way that pulls my life full circle.

1 comment:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

I forget that you're less than 2 years younger than me-- I put you as closer to 3 years younger. It is insane to think that its 2009. I remember 1989 like it was yesterday...