Saturday, January 17, 2009

Brrr, It's Cold

The week was long and bitter cold. In terms of morning meeting and calendar time in my first grade classroom, my little friends pointed out that we had five straight days of  COLD weather and I thought, we really should have a card for VERY COLD weather. 

With sub zero temperatures, we had to recreate recess within the walls of the classroom for most of the week.  The classroom didn't feel big enough, but we made the best of it. The fun they have with unifix cubes is amazing, but I had to ask that they keep their trains of cubes from extending into the next classroom or hallway. I teach in a school where many of the classrooms don't have doors or four walls, so they were receptive to my request. (They're good little buggers.)

It's the time of year where I long for warmer temperatures. On Friday when I let the dog out and retrieved the paper, it was -26.3 F and today it was 
-22F...I'm starting to wish for a patch of grass to stretch out on or for the soft sand of OOB (The Beach) with the waves breaking in the back ground. I have a healthy respect for the seasons, but I'm ready for a break. 


1 comment:

The Buck Shoots Here said...

All I've been singing all week is the opening lines from "Baby, It's Cold Outside"... that and ABBA, of course.

The living room is up to 62. We're on our way!