Friday, June 20, 2008

Welcome to Katieland!




I am all about goals...especially in June after school is out for the summer! As an elementary school teacher, I've had over ten summers to contemplate and re-energize as I look at eight weeks of vacation. (How nice is that?!) That means I typcially make plans to journal and to be honest, I've had varying success with it. Fulfilling classroom commitments and requirements is my life for ten months out of year and it consumes me. As I approach a summer of free choices, I've reveled in the realization that I can stop writing in a journal at anytime without consequence. There are no cranky adminstrators or parents to worry about. This is not a classroom newsletter afterall. It's all me, all the time! The idea that I can choose to write or not, is exhilirating. So it's with those disclaimers, that I pledge to try my best, but most of all, have fun in the process! I know I find immense pleasure in reading a regular rotation of blogs...especially from my River Valley Blogging friends! So with that in mind, I jump into the blogosphere.(Cool,huh?!)

4 comments:

Mike said...

Welcome aboard.

Your readership has increased by one.

xoxoxox

SJ said...

Hi Katie! So glad to see that you have join the elite ranks of the RVB. Can't wait to read more about what you have to say!

Enjoy !~SJ

Amity said...

welcome, bienvenida!

The Buck Shoots Here said...

Oh, I have been waiting for this day for a long while... yipee! I do love summer: it always brings good things :)