Sunday, June 22, 2008

Feeling better


In an hour we head out to the American Legion to have dinner with the Oxford County Democrats. Being delegates at the state convention, we're on the list for these things now. With a gutted out kitchen, dining room, and hallway, we're down with it! $5 per person doesn't seem too bad and majority leader, Beth Emmonds will be there. I am looking forward to it as I am feeling a bit better. The gingerale I sipped as I finished my book outside did the trick and I am ready for some food. It's been a while since I've been sick (with what I think is a 48 hour bug) and I can't say I've enjoyed it much. I unfortunately missed a quick visit from our friends last night when they called Mike from our driveway. I was grubby and ill and felt like I was out of gas. Luckily I'll see some of them this coming Wednesday for hiking with the Peak-a -Weekers and the rest of them around the 4th. This bout of illness, makes me a feel even more thankful for the coming summer days when Mike and I will be managing our time and having fun. Keeping busy or doing nothing at all...it'll all be great!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Isn't it weird how we get sick just as we finish something big, like the school year. Glad you are feeling better.