Christmas Edition Of Getting To Know Your Friends and Family
Try it for yourself (on your blog) if you want to. You'd make me and SJ happy.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I love it when I get presents in a gift bag. Doesn't everyone re-gift a gift bag?
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real...They smell so good! Although I did have a little fake tree for my apartment. I got it on clearance one year after Christmas.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually 10-15 days before Christmas.
4. When do you take the tree down? I used to do it after the Epiphany and before my birthday...which meant the evening of January 6th! But now, we take it down before Mike and Lea's birthday on December 30th.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes...If there's a way for me to get more calcium in my diet I"m on it. Plus, it's like a milkshake. What's not to like?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I liked everything, except those things I didn't care for.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Oh, I hate making people feel bad.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Me
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it's a little music box that my mom bought me from TJ Max.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Unfortunately I don't make the time for this. Although I manage to do cards for the teachers I work with. For my students, I try to buy them cards that have text that is in print and not cursive so they can read it themselves.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh, I'm too polite to answer this.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? December
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I don't think so. But I do sometimes forget to give all the gifts I buy and then a couple years later I find them and give them to my love ones. (It makes for a good story at least.) Last year, I gave my husband an ornament that had our wedding picture in it. Unfortunately I bought it in 2005 and it was clearly written on the front of it. As it turned out we were married in 2007. Oh well...I hoped we'd eventually marry...even in 2005.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pecan pie. Really anything. I love it all.
16. Lights on the tree? Of course.
17. Favorite Christmas song? "Let It Snow" But Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra tug at my heart strings anytime they lend their voice to a Christmas song.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year we'll be with our Dickvale friends on Christmas Eve, our house on Christmas morning, Kennebunk (with Mike's family) later on in the day, and then on the 27th (when all my sibs can make it to Bath) we'll gather with the Finns.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Of course. I teach first grade...so that's important stuff.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither.
21. Presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Last year we did pajamas on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas day. This year I don't know.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Thanksgiving gets the short end of the stick, but luckily we always have a couple Thanksgivings in November. One or two with friends a and then one with family. (Really we should call Thanksgiving, Pre-Christmas...)
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color? Vacation ornaments. We get one from every trip we go on.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Eating is a daily thing for me and I like it all.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My closest friends know the answer to this.